In this article, I’ll show you how you can change or edit copyright text of your WordPress website. It’s a very simple process. I will guide you with 5 methods I always use, so you can do it yourself.
Method 1 – Using Theme Customizer
- First, you have to login to the WP admin panel.
- Then, go to the Appearance 》Customize 》Theme options 》General option.
- Look for the footer option in the panel. Here you will find the area where you can edit the copyright text easily.
- After making the changes click on the save button or Publish button.
- Refresh the frontend of your website.
Method 2 – Using footer widget
- Login to your WP admin panel.
- Then go to Appearance 》Widgets
- Look for the footer widget section.
- Then drag and drop the text widget under the footer section.
- Click on the down arrow, it will open up the text field. Add your content in it and save it.
Method 3 – Using footer.php file
- Login to WP admin panel.
- Then, go to the Appearance 》Theme Editor.
- Select the activate theme in the right-hand corner.
- Now, search for the Theme footer ( footer.php ) under Theme files on the right-hand side. ( Use Ctrl+F to find it )
- Find this PHP code between opening <footer> and closing </footer> tag.
- Edit the PHP code and replace the code was mentioned about copyright text.
- Click on the update file button to save the changes.
- Refresh the frontend of your website to check the changes that you make.
|| NOTE: Recommended to do this using child theme, so your changes not override in later updates of the theme.
Method 4 – Using Theme Builder
Some theme builders provide a footer area, so you can easily edit and change the copyright text of your WordPress website.
However, there are many themes in the market that make it a little challenging to change the copyright text.
To solve this issue you can use a plugin that makes it child play to change the copyright text.
Method 5 – Using plugin
- Login to WP admin panel.
- Then go to the plugin 》Add New.
- Search the plugin named as “Remove footer Credit“.
- Install the plugin and activate it.
- Then go to Tools 》Remove footer credit.
- In the first text field, enter the text that you want to remove.
- In the second text field, enter your own content.
- Click on the save button.
All of the methods mentioned above are very easy to apply and each of them are useful in their own way.
If you need any selected theme footer edit option, you can mention the theme name in comment section.
You may also read:
- HOW TO ADD AUTHOR ON YOUR WORDPRESS WEBSITE -2020
- HOW TO CREATE A SITEMAP IN WORDPRESS WEBSITE – 2020
If you find this article useful, do consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp with your groups and friends.
Thank me ❤️ by sharing this article 😊.