In this article, I’ll show you how to install a theme on your WordPress site. If you still don’t know anything about the theme and why we use it, then you can go through the link given below, where I give a quick review on :
Now, Let’s get back into our topic. There are many different ways that you can use to install a theme on your WordPress site. I’ll cover two easy processes, so you can choose one which works best for you.
Install WordPress Theme through WordPress admin Theme Search
This process is the easiest process among all of them. But it works only for the free WordPress theme.
So if you want to install a free WordPress theme from the theme directory of WordPress.org, then this process is the best.
1.First, you have to go to the WordPress admin panel. There you will see the Appearance option on the left sidebar. Under Appearance, you will get the theme option. Click on it. (Appearance » Theme)
2. Then you have to click on the Add New button at the top of that page.
3. Now, if you already know the name of the theme, then go to the search bar and enter the name of that theme. Otherwise, you can select a theme according to the given option at the top: Featured, Popular, Latest, Favorite.
You can also use the Feature filter option, which helps you sort themes based on features you required.
4. When you find your theme, click on the install button, and it starts to install.
5. After installation, a success message will appear along with Activate and Live Preview buttons.
6. Now click on the activate button to activate the theme.
After that, click on the customize button to set up your theme.
Install WordPress Theme through Upload Method
This process is helpful when you want to install a premium WordPress theme or a custom theme for your WordPress site.
(NOTE: Also works for free Theme)
Download the .zip file of the theme that you purchased from a marketplace or a commercial theme shop to your computer. Now follow these steps:
- First, you have to go to the WordPress admin panel. There you will see the Appearance option on the left sidebar. Under Appearance, you will get the theme option. Click on it. (Appearance » Theme)
- Then you have to click on the Add New button at the top of that page.
- On the Add New theme page, you’ll see an Upload Button at the top. Click on that button.
- Browse the .zip file from your local computer or simply drag n drop to the upload section and click on the Install Now button.
- After installation, a success message will appear along with links: Live Preview, Activate, and Return to the Theme page.
- Now click on the activate link to activate the theme.
- To configure the theme, you can use a theme customizer or some theme comes with a separate options panel.
- Many themes come with additional settings options that you may need to configure.
- Your theme may ask you to install the recommended plugins, download demo data, or review settings
- Once you activate a new theme, then it will change how your website looks and functions.
- If you already have a complete website but you want to change the theme, then it’ll be better to keep a Backup before changing the theme.
If you find this article useful, do consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp with your groups and friends.
So, I can post more articles like this.
Thank me by sharing this article 😊.